How do I know which PowerStep product I need?
PowerStep products should be selected based on your activity level, foot condition, shoe type and the amount of cushioning and support you need. The majority of our insoles use the same polypropylene arch support shape but vary by cushion thickness, arch strength (most are moderate support) or additional feature:
- Length – Full length provides full cushion from heel to toe and is ideal for athletic and casual shoes with more room. Remove the shoe’s factory insole before inserting your PowerStep insole. Our ¾ length insoles are better for tighter-fitting shoes with less room.
- Met Pad – Met pads rest behind the ball of foot to help spread and cushion the metatarsal heads to help alleviate pain from the bones/nerves rubbing together (Morton’s neuroma). Met pads can be built into the insole (Pinnacle Plus) or added separately.
- Heel Post – Individuals with collapsed ankles or moderate to severe pronation benefit from a medial heel post that gives additional lift and correction to the ankle. Most of our insoles are neutral heel with no heel post.
- Arch height – Most of our insoles have a neutral arch height which works for most people. We also have a Low Arch option for those with flat feet that cannot tolerate much support and a High Arch option for individuals with high or supinated feet.
- Arch strength – A firmer arch support is suitable for those needing more support and stability.
When should I replace my insoles?
We recommend replacing your insoles when you begin to notice a decrease in comfort or support. Several factors affect the wear of the product, such as activity, usage and foot structure, but under normal casual wear, your PowerStep should last 6 months or longer. You can expect the product life to be significantly shorter if you wear the same pair daily or wear during rigorous activity such as running. PowerStep insoles are designed using the highest quality cushioning foams and supportive materials possible but even these high quality materials will break down over time with extended wear and tear.
Can PowerStep insoles be transferred from shoe to shoe?
Yes, the insoles can be easily removed and placed into a different pair of shoes. We recommend purchasing a pair of orthotics for each pair of shoes to help extend the product life.
What is PowerStep’s Guarantee?
We stand behind our products and always guarantee them to be free of defects in materials and workmanship. There is a lifetime guarantee against breakage of the plastic foot support (inside casing) when used under normal conditions. If you suspect a quality issue with the product, please contact customer service at 1-888-237-3668.
Why can’t I purchase ProTech styles online?
The professional-grade ProTech line is only available to purchase by medical providers.
How do I care for my PowerStep insoles?
Spot clean with a mild detergent. Do not immerse in water. Air dry and ensure fully dry before inserting back into shoes.
Do PowerStep products contain latex?
PowerStep insoles are latex free. The ArchWear Recovery footwear may have a small amount of latex on the outer (bottom) sole.
Can I trim my insoles?
Because most of our styles are sized by full shoe sizes, our insoles offer a true-to-size fit without any trimming. However, should trimming be required, our products can be trimmed to fit as necessary. Use the factory insole/liner from your shoe as a template for trimming for the best fit.
What are Heat Moldable insoles and what are the benefits?
Heat Moldable products can be heat-molded to offer a customized fit to your unique foot shape, giving full contact support for the foot. Heat Moldable insoles are ready to wear out of the box and don’t have to be heated or trimmed to wear. With continued use, the Heat Moldable will form to your foot structure naturally.
How do I heat-mold my Heat Moldable?
- Prepare the Shoe and Insole for Molding: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 225° F. Select a pair of shoes to use for insole molding. If possible, loosen shoes and remove all padding from inside of shoes, such as factory inserts or insoles. Make sure to notice RIGHT or LEFT foot on the bottom of each insole. Test fit the PowerStep® Heat Moldable insole in the shoe by positioning as far back towards the heel as possible. Insole can be trimmed for a better fit, using the shoe's original insole as a guide.
- Heat the Insole for Molding: Heat one insole at a time. Place insole on the middle rack with the fabric side face up and the black temperature tab facing outward. After 1 minute & 30 seconds, check the color of the temperature tab. Carefully remove the insole once the black tab turns red - insole will be warm to the touch. If the black temperature tab hasn't turned red after 1 minute & 30 seconds, leave insole in oven for an additional 15 seconds until the temperature tab turns red - may take up to 5 minutes. Do not overheat.
- Mold the Insole: Quickly place the PowerStep Heat Moldable insole into the loosened shoe. While wearing socks, place foot in shoe and stand with knees slightly bent. Stand on insole for 1 minute to set. PowerStep Heat Moldable insoles can be remolded up to 5 times.
Product Recommendation Questions
Which style of PowerStep insoles is recommended for running shoes?
We recommend the PULSE® line of performance insoles for active lifestyles. The PULSE® insoles are designed with advanced cushioning and more durable materials.
What PowerStep are recommended for Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis is one of the main conditions PowerStep products are recommended to treat. Our PowerStep insoles with polypropylene support shells are proven effective in clinical studies in reducing foot pain and increasing comfort. View our clinical data here. You can combine insoles with a Plantar Fasciitis support sock during the day and use the UltraStretch Night Sock for night or rest for optimal around-the-clock treatment of plantar fasciitis.
Are PowerStep recommended for over-pronation?
Yes! Over-pronation is when your foot rolls inward, putting strain on the soft tissues of the foot and leading to pain and fatigue. PowerStep insoles use a polypropylene support shell with heel cradle to hold your foot in proper alignment for improved biomechanics. For more severe over-pronation, use a posted heel like the Pinnacle Maxx for additional correction.
I have high arches. Will PowerStep help my feet?
Yes! High arched and supinated feet are tight and rigid feet and benefit from cushioning to help redistribute the pressure from the ball of the foot and heel. Try our Pinnacle High Arch to support the higher instep, or for more cushioning, use the ComfortLast gel insole to redistribute the pressure points.
Orders / Payments / Returns
How do I track my order?
To track your order, please sign in using your Foundation Wellness account and view your account dashboard.
How do I process a return?
Please contact customer service to initiate a return.
What payment methods are accepted on FoundationWellness.com?
Major Credit Cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa), Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, and Shop Pay are accepted.
How do I find the products I’m looking for?
To find the exact product you are looking for, please login using your Foundation Wellness account and use the search bar to find the product you are looking for. Search the product name or SKU number for best results.